“Benvenuti alla Cucina Siciliana” Members Only Fall Event
- Sunday, October 5, 2014, from 1:00 to 4:00 PM
- Home of Sonia Gottesman
- Members Only, $25 per person
- RSVP no later than September 26th. After the 26th, the price is $30 per person.
Charles Perry, “Where Did Hot Sauce Come From?”
- Saturday, October 11, 2014, 10:30 AM
- Los Angeles Public Library, Mark Taper Auditorium
- Downtown Central Library, 630 W. 5th St.
- Free and open to the public
David Solmonson and Lesley Jacobs Solmonson, “Sin and the Silver Screen: The Age of the Hollywood Nightclub” (VIDEO)
The Solmonsons cover the transformation of Hollywood from a religious, dry town to the epicenter of nightclub culture. The talk includes the rise of the nightclub (and the factors that led to it), the Golden Age of the nightclub, top venues, and of course, the house drinks from many famous clubs including the Cocoanut Grove, Embassy, and the Montmarte.
Recipe for a pitcher of virgin French 75, served Saturday September 13:
- 1 bottle (Trader Joe’s) sparkling apple cider
- 7 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs maple syrup (Trader Joe’s Grade B)
- 20 drops (¼ tsp) bitters (we used Miracle Mile Bergamot type)
- Mix gently and serve in 7 flutes